Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mentor for Capstone

For my Capstone project I will be making a website that is a game in itself. In order to get to other pages you have to beat parts of the website to unlock other section of the site. The thing I have to figure out is how I will make that work. Flash could be one method to do this or maybe using PHP and JavaScript. The other issue is what I want the user to be able to unlock, I was thinking it could be either a portfolio or an actual game story. It could even be both.

Key Things I need in a mentor:
Flash, Web Programming, Gaming, and maybe PHP.

Potential Mentors:
Matt Powers, Joseph Defazio, Todd Shelton.

Matt Powers area of expertise is gaming and that will be an aspect of what I'm doing. His acspectation would be to have a game design document. I know this because I'm taking one of his classes in gaming. I don't think he will be very available due to his already booked schedule with students.
Joseph Defazio are of expertise is flash. The way I think my project will work is by using flash to make the website into a more interactive game. He will have room for me to be his mentor.
Todd Shelton are of expertise is also flash and web development. That is more of the combo I will need for this. He will likely be available as long as I can snag him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment