Monday, October 4, 2010

Fear

What makes me fearful is drowning and spiders or worse, drowning in a pool of spiders. Fear to me is something that when I think about I dread it to the point I get freaked out. Fear stops you from being rational and making sound decisions. The purpose of fear is to make sure you stay away from something that could potentially hurt you. Fear doesn’t affect my life to much except for the rare case where there is a big spider and I don’t want to get near it. When it comes to drowning I don’t let that fear affect me when it comes to swimming. I can swim the only problem I have is staying under water for more than about 10 seconds.

My experiment was to light my hand on fire using hand sanitizer and a lighter. I did this because it only makes since to be scared of fire or at least be caught on fire. So I did it in class without warning, and it seemed like only one person was really freaked out by it. Everyone one else seemed to think it was cool. I expected some people to think it was cool but I would have figured more people would be freaked out that a person’s hand was on fire. The only thing I can think of to make the experiment work better is to tell someone to put a little bit of hand sanitizer on then I light there hand on fire and they freak out. I would of course have this person picked out with their approval before class.

The experiment I responded most to was the mouse(not sure what the guy’s name was). I responded to it because I hate mice. There rodents and there nasty. Although I did pick it up I still would have preferred if it wasn’t alive. The thing I would take from his experiment is to get people involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment